Join us for our 38th annual music and dance week
@ Camp Jones Gulch — La Honda, CA
Sunday, June 30 — Friday, July 5, 2019
Registration is open! Flexible fee $550-$750+. Youth rates & scholarships available.
Wake Up Robin: Audrey Knuth, Amy Englesberg, Andrew Van Norstrand, Max Newman
The Figments: Anna Patton, Ethan Hazzard-Watkins, Owen Morrison
Callers: Luke Donforth and Susan Petrick
- Multi-day workshops for musicians, dancers, and callers
- Evening contra dances + concurrent band lab
- Gender-neutral role names: larks and ravens
- Fresh air and sunlight filtering through the tall redwoods
- Time to relax and kindle friendships old and new
- New this year–POTPOURRI, a time in the schedule for camper-led activities. Do you want to sing a couple rounds before lunch, learn a contra flourish, or geek out about coffee? Put it in a Potpourri slot when we get to camp and get other people to join you! What will you add to the schedule??
Please use our online sign up to select a camper chore that matches your abilities and preferred time-of-day. We are especially looking for campers to fill the pre-camp setup tasks: The Gear Team loads a Uhaul on Sunday 9am to bring gear from the Hayward storage unit to camp. The Floor Team arrives at camp by 10am Sunday to help clean and apply “floor goop” so we have a great surface for dancing all week.
Spread the word
There is still room at camp–help fill the dance floor: The most effective camp advertising is word of mouth. New campers decide to come because YOU share what an amazing time you had last year. Make an announcement at a local dance or music event. Print an AmWeek 2019 Flyer or ask us to mail you some brochures and business cards. Invite newer dancers to make the leap into a week-long camp or encourage friends to return. The more, the merrier!
Favorite moments from 2018
- Definitely the moment when Christa led that song in the dining hall about “Let all our hearts be joined as one.”
- Playing waltzes on the keyboard for Gaye’s waltz workshop: sublime!
- Waltzing before breakfast: What a great way to start the day!
- Jamming with all-ages musicians
- I called for the first time!